Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Layers of Neutrals

 photo ToteBag_zpslu9vzbcc.jpg  photo Tights_zpsymn69o4t.jpg  photo IMG_7963_zpsuzd6pbyv.jpg

Sometimes you just need to layer on the neutrals. Sure, pops of bright colors get us through the gray days of winter (or really any day year-round for that matter), but these muted hues need love too! On this day I was super excited to wear this navy swing dress. When I saw Kaitlyn wearing it in her NYE photos, I knew I wanted to mix up the styling if the dress ever found its way to me.

I am such a fan of mixing black and brown. I also love taking that concept a step farther and adding in gray, navy, and really any color that could be considered a neutral too. I pulled it all together with these berry shoes and bag that had gold hardware. To finish the look off I added a few gold pieces of jewelry and I was ready for my weekend day of brunch and photos.

 photo Tote Bag_zps1arie9v4.jpg  photo ChicagoBlogger_zpsda9cj0zr.jpg  photo IMG_7951_zpst7g5rjkv.jpg

This outfit was so effortless to style and all the items, when alone, are casual. However, together they created something a bit less casual and more chic, no? Plus who doesn't love a great layered look? I know I'm a sucker for one.  ;)

 photo IMG_7954_zpsndsgcxz8.jpg  photo Mom Blogger_zpsbaweivqw.jpg
Dress: Old Navy (similar) // Vest: Nordstrom (similar) // Tights: Target (similar) // Shoes // Bag // Coat: Victoria's Secret (similar) // Necklace // Earrings: T+J Designs 

Do you ever layer on the neutrals? How would you style this navy swing dress? 

No comments:

Post a Comment