Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Plaid and Feathers and Tortoise...Oh My!

 photo IMG_2813_zpsdtgakcxg.jpg  photo IMG_2829_zps0xwlbgge.jpg

Print mixing doesn't always have to feel (or look) so extreme, it can also be styled to look like the prints belong together. Take this feather print dress for example. By itself, it is super cute and perfect for the brunch & play I attended this day. Then, by adding my tortoise print sunglasses, faux leather jacket, and plaid scarf, I was ready for this sunny cold day in the snow. The full outfit looked like it matched but it's this type of subtle print mixing that is less scary to try to pull off. ;)

 photo IMG_2825_zps32dqx6sq.jpg  photo IMG_2834_zpslgnubauv.jpg  photo IMG_2816_zpsw7dpbgtm.jpg

We had a wonderful brunch to celebrate Kaitlyn's birthday and then all the girls in the family went to see White Christmas at Drury Lane. This was so special for me on so many levels. I was excited to be part of my sister-in-laws b-day celebration. I was elated that we were going to see White Christmas as this is a yearly tradition with this side of the family (going to see the movie, not the play that is). The fact that my daughter was seeing her first play and that it was this play specifically made it just that much more special. Then to finish it all off, Drury Lane holds a special place in my heart as I not only got married there, but it was also where our wedding reception was. Lots of wonderful memories!

 photo IMG_2819_zpsexrmctxp.jpg  photo IMG_2835_zpsvhfj9n5g.jpg  photo IMG_2817_zpsfp06v84d.jpg
Dress // Scarf & Sunglasses: Coach // Bag // Tights // Jacket: Sheinside (similar) // Necklace // Watch

What do you think of this pairing? Do you ever subtle print mix like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment