Friday, December 11, 2015

Peaked my Pinterest: Pull Through Braid

I am so in awe of this style braid. OK, so it's not actually a braid at all, but a series of rubber bands and pulling the hair through. I not only love how it looks, but I also love how you can form this style in any direction on your head. (Check out how Kaitlyn wore it like a faux hawk here...pretty much my all time favorite.)




 Here is what you will need:
(I linked all of my favorites below)

Brush
Dry Shampoo (optional)
Hair Spray
Teasing comb
Elastic ties



I got everything on the bathroom counter and then kept my phone set to the above video. At this point, I had watched the video once already, so I decided to use it the second time through as a step-by-step helper.

Here is my first attempt:

You guys, it was SO easy. The video was so helpful and it only took me about 25 minutes from the moment I began teasing the top to the last bobby pin. I can't wait to wear my hair like this again and also to mix up where the braid starts and ends. I think a faux hawk on myself will my by next attempt. I can do it...it may take a few tries, but I can do it! ;)

Is this a style you would wear? Have you ever tried a pull through braid?

No comments:

Post a Comment