Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Lady in Red


It was one of those meant to be moments - I had a best friends wedding coming up and no dress in my closet that I deemed "Fall appropriate" enough (#champagneproblems as Blake says) Or better said, no dress that hadn't been photographed a few times already...My husband thinks this reasoning is totally absurd (and it is) but you ladies understand, right? 

That said, the event snuck up on me and I ran out of time...come the day before with one free hour in my schedule, I made a quick trip to the mall (what is life without online shopping!?) and stopped in virtually every women's store in the building...the adorable girls at Francesca's and I chatted about our love for braids and half-up buns....the lovely associates at LOFT explained that it's tough to find a good wedding dress right now, as most stores are in that awkward in-between seasons phase...a few stores and disappointing glances later, I decided to head back to my car, resolving to make something work that I already owned (the horror!)...

I reluctantly trekked through Forever 21 on the way out and seconds before reaching the exit door, came across this red lace beauty...it was the only one on the rack, peeking out from between fringe vests and suede skirts. It was clear that one of these things did not belong and even more clear I had been in the right place at the right time. 1 dress left, in my size, in the exact style I was going for. Fashion, meet destiny... ;)







Dress: Forever 21 (splurge / steal) | Shoes: ASOS | Necklace: T+J Designs (Under $25!) | Earrings: Forever 21 (similar)
Sunnies: Karen Walker (Try them for FREE! Code: sistersmarie on Ditto.com!) | Bracelet: LOFT 

Do you ever find exactly what you were looking for after you've stopped searching? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment