Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Style Swap

 photo IMG_3584_zpsoieo8lj5.jpg  photo IMG_3616_zps8cm1yo24.jpg  photo IMG_3603_zpskrt8f0lk.jpg 

Yesterday you saw Kaitlyn's twist on my outfit. The jumpsuit, cardigan, necklace, and ring were all mine, but I've never styled the four together. I love how it turned out (and now I'll probably rock that outfit when it all comes back my way) but that got me thinking...are these swaps we're doing morphing our styles more then we realize?

I headed to my latest swap bag and grabbed the first dress that caught my eye...

 photo IMG_3614_zpscp6uni24.jpg  photo IMG_3604_zpsaq5zwrgm.jpg  photo IMG_3587_zpsykdbl8pp.jpg 

As I continued to style my look, I kept thinking "what would Kaitlyn do?" It's always fun to put our own twists on the items we swap, but why not full out use the other person as inspiration? Kaitlyn loves her a great pair of flats so I decided to keep the look good for everyday wear. I added three items of her jewelry and a denim jacket to finish the outfit off. When it came to hair and makeup, I decided to use a recent outfit post of Katie's for inspiration.

Braided faux hawk ponytail & a pink lip? I'm so game for that! 

 photo IMG_3608_zpsrts0rosm.jpg  photo IMG_3613_zpsghpeegtr.jpg
Dress: Old Navy (Swap w/ Kaitlyn) (similar) // Bag: Melie Bianco // Jacket: Pepe Jeans // Shoes: JustFab 
Necklace, Cuff, & Earrings: Swap w/ Kailtyn // Sunglasses: Rayban // Watch: Fossil 

Do you ever style swap with a friend or relative?

Have you ever used myself or Kaitlyn as inspiration in your everyday outfit styling?

No comments:

Post a Comment