Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Because Kaitlyn Hosted Mother's Day Brunch!




My husband and I hosted Mother’s Day brunch at our house on Sunday. After a week of family group MMS texts spent trying to coordinate 13 people’s schedules and restaurant reservation times, I suggested we do a meal at home, just the way my Mom has always beautifully done for us. We have all been very busy lately so she wanted something low-key that enabled us all just to be together and talk so I thought this was the perfect solution.


Can we talk about the donut tree? I have seen it on Pinterest so many times and decided it was time for one of my own ;)




It was a beautiful day in Chicago (a rare gem lately!) so we took advantage and had the party outside. My husband tore down our old deck last summer after our wedding and just finished re-building when Fall was approaching, so we were excited to show it off. 

I baked homemade banana bread and made individual Greek yogurt cups with a granola and fruit topping station and everybody brought something special ranging from a hash brown/egg casserole, these AMAZING Italian sandwiches and gluten-free muffins.


I feel extremely proud and honored to be the daughter of such an amazing woman and aspire to follow in her footsteps with every move I make. Nobody is a better example of a Mom or best friend. 

Jumpsuit: TJ Maxx (similar) // Sandals: Piperlime // Sunnies: Old Navy // Bracelets: Forever 21 // Ring: Francesca's 







The family had a great time running around with the kids, getting some sun and stuffing ourselves silly. 

How did you spend Mother's Day?

2 comments:

  1. It was the most beautiful and relaxing Mother's Day. The special touches sent it over the top. What a blessed Mom I am to be loved the way I am. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful day! I love all the cutsey details you always use..so creative! Xo

    ReplyDelete