Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Because Kaitlyn Celebrated Valentine's Day

This was the 7th Valentine's Day with my husband but our first one as husband and wife, so we celebrated with a fancy night out. We go to dinner every year on this day and this time, he surprised me with reservations to Eddie Merlot's which is now one of our new favorite restaurants. 

They specialize in steak and seafood so ordered asian-style calamari to start which was addicting…I will go back just for another taste of that sauce. Our main entree's were just as delicious, as we each ordered a different cut of steak and paired it with a great Malbec wine…full bellies and lots of laughs, I couldn't have asked for a better night.

Dress: Victoria's Sweet (swap w/Lisa) // Shoes: Just Fab // Bag: Just Fab // Jewelry: Francescas (similar)

And let's be honest, Valentine's Day shouldn't be all about the ladies…instead of flowers and candy, I went with beer and bacon…beer and bacon cupcakes, that is. Two of my husband's favorite things combined in a sweet and savory dessert? I figured it was a sure bet ;)



The recipe called for an IPA so I went with Red Hook and the you could definitely taste it in the mix and frosting. I topped the bacon with brown sugar and cooked it in the oven for a few minutes, making it the perfect candied topping. I would definitely recommend these for the man in your life!


Hope you all had a great Valentine's Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment