Monday, January 13, 2014

Because We Met Cameron Diaz!

Our most recent girls night out (Lisa, my Mom and I) was star studded, as we spent the night with Cameron Diaz (okay, and 500 other suburbanites) and what a memorable evening it was. All 3 of us have always been big fans...so big, that I place The Holiday and My Best Friends Wedding in my top 5 ("I could be jello!") but this night wasn't about her roles that have made us laugh...it was about her new role as a poster child for women -- our bodies, our being and most of all, our health. 

She spoke of the inspiration behind her latest work, The Body Book and why the content is so important to her. It was very obvious that this isn't just another PR gig, an idea fed to her by a team. Her message was delievered with emotion (see one of many great facial expressions below), humor, urgency and understanding. She was engaging as ever and seemed so genuine. 

“This is a science book, a how-to book, and each of us is responsible for our own bodies. I wrote this book to explain to women how their bodies work and I wanted to write information that would allow women to have the body they were meant to have. Your body is your responsibility as well as your own health, and only you can know how to do it" - Cameron Diaz



Not that any of us were excited or anything ;)

 I can't wait to read the book front to back...it's the perfect lifetsyle read. 
Are you interested in checking out The Body Book?

2 comments:

  1. Such a memorable night for everyone. Cameron has always been one of my favorite actresses but I like the message she is delivering to women of all ages. The book is a great gift idea for someone you care about.

    ReplyDelete