Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Peaked My Pinterest: Half-up Crown Braid

I am so glad the braid trend continues to stick around -- It's a great way to add something to an an otherwise basic hairstyle. As soon as I saw this style on Pinterest, I got to work re-creating it. It's only two braids (so it's super easy to complete) and I love the boho flair that you end up with (we all know my love for 70's chic!)

What you will need:
bobby pins (4-6)
- small clear elastic bands

I recommend you curl your hair first to get this look. 
 photo braids_zpsf4b7a574.jpg

1) Braid the top section on each side of your head leaving enough hair down to cover your ears. Use clear bands to tie off bottoms of braids.
2) Using 2-3 bobby pins, wrap one braid at a time around your crown and secure. The second braid can go over, under, or on-top of the first braid you secured...you can do no wrong here!
3) Tuck in the clear bands behind the braids.

That's it! Here is the finished product:
 photo 9abbf35a-bf1d-4e4f-87a4-2c24d3b2cedd_zpsd85d062d.jpg

What do you think?

I think this is going to be my new go-to hair for fall! ;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment