Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Because Kaitlyn got Married: The Details


Although we were blessed to have so many loved ones by our sides on this wonderful day, there were a few who are no longer with us whose presence was greatly missed. It made me very happy to have them there in spirit on my bouquet and close to my heart.


Because the setting at the Shedd was already so aesthetically captivating, I knew I didn't want to go overboard on flowers. I wanted colorful yet elegant centerpieces so we went with the jeweled candle holders and brushed silver flower votive's on the tables. 

For the head table, we re-purposed the bridesmaid flowers and displayed them in a row which looked perfect with the coral table runner and the parent's tables held the lavish tall centerpieces. Jenna from Avant Gardenia was a delight to work with and replicated my vision to a T. I will never get the image of all the bright colors out of my mind, it was like a painting.



This was the grand entrance to our dinner setting...Between the larger than life pillars and vibrant up-lighting, I felt like I was in a dream. I kept walking around wide-eyed, finding it hard to accept that this was all for us. Even with all of our planning and site visits, I didn't know it would turn out this good...



Much like finding the right photographer, going with the perfect bakery was high on my list. If you know me, you know I have a huge space in my heart that can only be filled with cupcakes so I knew we were going to go that route instead of a traditional cake. Something about the shape and size of cakes makes them so much more fun than a slice of something and this way, our guests could try a variety of flavors. 

Speaking of flavors, we had an amazing taste test with Luscious Layers and these were the ones we went with: Mojito, Cookies & Cream, Banana Nutella, Champagne & Strawberry, and Lemon Raspberry. There was something for everyone, but for me, there was only Banana Nutella. I die.







Thank you all for enjoying a small piece of my favorite day with me!
And a special thank you to Gina & Tony for capturing it in the best way...

10 comments:

  1. Thanks so much! Cute leather jacket on your blog today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely ADORE the idea of attaching a small photo of your gone but not forgotten loved one to your bouquet. My Grampa passed away 4 weeks ago and I think what upset me most about the loss is the fact he wouldn't be able to walk me down the aisle when my day came. This is such a sweet way to honor and include them in your special day. Noted. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Natalie - I understand how you feel about your loss, it's never easy. It was really important to me that my Grandma and Grandpa who have passed away were incorporated into this day because they were central parts of our family so this was a great way to represent them. Thanks for your sweet comment:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful post, a gorgeous wedding, a special bride! Grandma would be proud and so happy how you honored her memory. I am so proud always xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. a few years back, a fellow blogger shared her wedding, and her venue was at a museum. i love all these creative weddings...we don't see much of that here...aside from the beach, maybe! love the photos and the sweet bouquet. everything looks beautiful!

    [oomph.]
    Victoria's Secret Giveaway!
    Sephora Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So thankful I finally got to see pictures of your wedding! You did a beautiful job!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  8. So thankful I finally got to see pictures of your wedding! You did a beautiful job!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete