Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Because Kaitlyn Went Casual


I consider myself to be a bona fide city girl, but there's something that comes alive in me when we spend a weekend in the north woods. The moment we turn on our street, I roll the windows down and I feel like I can breathe again. Life moves at a slower pace and I find myself straying from my normal routine - Suddenly waking up with the sun isn't a task, but instead a perfect way to spend a morning on the porch with the Sunday paper.

Top: Old Navy ($10!) // Shorts: H&M // Sandals: Target // Bag: c/o Just Fab 
Hat: Charming Charlie (similar under $25!) // Sunnies: Nordstrom (similar)


Up here, tree swings and nightime star gazing replace hectic schedules filled with reservations, plans and packed calendars. Sometimes, simplicity is best.


How do you spend weekends away?

2 comments:

  1. It is so important to step away sometimes from the chaotic schedules we all seem to have these days. Sunday papers and a big mug of my favorite coffee is my time to take a breath. I love your outfit! I never shopped Just Fab before but checking it out lately. And Old Navy is on my list today to hunt for my own Fridays, Saturdays, Sundaze shrt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the swing shot! Such a perfect casual look! xo

    ReplyDelete