Friday, July 5, 2013

Peaked My Pinterest: Three Braid Roll

When I saw this pin on Pinterest, I knew I wanted to try it. After clicking through and seeing it was posted from a fellow member of the Chicago Blogger Network  (Your Stylist AJ), I decided it was meant to be! 

Here is the original pin:
Instructions:

1) Begin with three regular three strand braids and wrap with clear elastic.

2) Braid all three strands together in a regular three strand braid and wrap with clear elastic. 
(I loosely braided mine together but braided each strand at a regular tightness.)

3) Roll the braid up, hiding the tail, and secure with bobby pins

4) Pull apart and loosen up the bundle of braids and continue pinning until the foundation is somewhat symmetrical. (I skipped this step and kept mine nice and tight. )

I love that you can change this style easily by pulling on your braids at the end or braiding your three braids very loosely at the beginning. 

Here is how mine turned out:


This style took me under 10 minutes from start to finish and stayed in place all night. 

I will absolutely be trying this hair style again. I think next time I will do the last step and pull the braids out a bit.  It's perfect for everyday or can be dressed up for a night out as well! 

What do you think?

#Lisa

5 comments: