Monday, June 25, 2012

Because We Went to a Backyard Birthday BBQ

We recently hosted/attended a 60th birthday celebration for my wonderful father at our house complete with a massive white tent, bartender, and an emotional photo slideshow of his life put together by Lisa, my brother and I. The night was just as perfect as we had pictured it - Close friends and family telling stories and memories of my dad, set to the background of a meticulously planned playlist of his favorite songs. It was so nice to not be rushing out the door for a dinner reservation - Instead, everybody we love was in one place and we were able to drink, snack and laugh into the nighttime hours. 

It was a 90 degree day (my favorite kind!) which meant light summer dresses and sandals were essential:

Dress: Forever 21, Sandals: Charlotte Russe (Similar), Earrings: Francesca's (Similar)

Bracelet: Loft, Belt: Forever 21, Ring: Made by Lisa

shift dress
Dress: Threadsence, Shoes: Target, Sunnies: Michael Kors

athensjewelry
Bracelets: C/O Kristin Hassan, Ring: Self Made (I SPY DIY project)




The beautiful white tent (which I now think should be a permanent fixture in our yard)

The amazing multi-layer cake 


One of the only times you'll see Lisa in flats ;)

For more on Lisa's outfit post, head over to Stilettos and Diaper Bags.



#Kaitlyn


3 comments:

  1. You both look gorgeous! And what a sweet party, I bet he loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Love both your dresses, and I love that ring you made Lisa!

    ReplyDelete